JOB POSTING – CASEWORKER
Come join our team of caring professionals as we work to “enable life-changing mentoring relationships to ignite the power and potential of young people”.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Perform regular Casework duties including effective recruitment, selection, training, matching, monitoring and evaluation of matches between clients (“Littles”) and adult volunteers (“Bigs”) in our community-based and school-based programs. Ensure compliance with National BBBS Canada Standards and local agency policies.
- Deliver in-person and/or virtually-based, group-format volunteer information sessions, orientations, and pre-match training.
- Liaise with community partners, including local schools for the delivery of mentoring programs, and perform child-centered initiatives, including community referrals and outreach.
- Utilize Microsoft 365 software to support administrative functions of the agency (casenoting, statistical tracking). Submit program statistics and outcomes on a monthly basis.
- The ability to provide digital support through the creation of and/or formatting of our agency publications, such as newsletters, reports, and marketing materials would be considered an asset.
- Successful candidate will have at minimum a diploma or degree in Social Service Work, Child and Youth Studies, Child and Youth Care, Psychology, or related program. They will also have previous volunteer or employment experience with children and/or youth.
- Experience within a social service/non-profit setting an asset.
- Effective communication skills.
- Belief in and commitment to vision and mission of Big Brothers Big Sisters.
- Strong computer skills, with ability to utilize Microsoft Software (365/Dynamics/Teams/Office/EXCEL)
- Recent Vulnerable Sector Police Check and access to a reliable insured vehicle.
Estimated Start Date: Week of August 9th, 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week, with some evenings and weekends required. 10-month contract with opportunity for extension.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Niagara Falls/Big Brothers Big Sisters of South Niagara is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise Human Resources of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
We appreciate all the applications we receive, but only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Please send both resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications and salary expectations to Casework Supervisor Ashley Dunbabin at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4:30pm on Wednesday, July 28thth, 2021.
Interested in volunteering? Click here.